Cameron takes great care to hire individuals that bring experience, business skills and technical expertise to the organization, as well as a team-based approach.
Posted by Harold Pacheco
POSITION: Executive Assistant
FUNCTION AREA: Corporate and Administrative
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
This role is full-time, with 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However, there is potential for a revised 30-hour work week to accommodate scheduling needs.
About Cameron Corporation
Established in 1979, we strive to be known as the 100 Year Company because everything we do is made to stand the test of time. Whether it's a retail centre, a residential community, a mixed-use project or investment opportunity, Cameron prides itself on quality and integrity. This commitment to excellence extends to all our divisions: Cameron Development Corporation, Cameron Homes, Cameron Communities, and Cameron Lifestyles.
Our core values remain fixed while our business strategies and practices endlessly adapt to a changing world. We work with integrity and honesty. We have a reputation of excellence. We are socially responsible. We value hard work and accountability.
This role requires the individual to be on site at Cameron Corporation’s office in downtown Edmonton.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to ensure the efficient operation of the organization. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individual who can handle a high volume of tasks with minimal supervision. The EA will play a critical role in supporting the COO by managing their schedule, coordinating meetings, and managing correspondence. This position will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for the COO: manage and log incoming scheduling requests, re-schedule meetings upon request, proactively communicate changes and anticipate, respond to scheduling conflicts and ensuring that they are prepared for all meetings and appointments.
- Track COO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments.
- Organize internal and external meetings for COO including preparation of agendas and materials, and minute taking as needed.
- Manage correspondence, including emails, letters, and other communications, ensuring that all responses are timely and accurate.
- Manage all travel scheduling and arrangements.
- Ensure consistent and efficient interaction with other executive assistants across the organization; demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgement and confidentiality.
- Provide special project leadership and support as needed.
- Conduct research and gather data on various topics, as directed by the COO, to support decision-making and project management.
- Draft and prepare reports, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the COO and other internal and external stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and other departments within the organization.
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card expenses, complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an administrative or executive support role.
- Detail oriented, organized with proven ability to successfully multi-task.
- Positive, tenacious attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Ability to apply good judgement, make good decisions, and maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Organized with a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at once with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in the real estate development industry preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
The compensation package for an Executive Assistant will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits will include group health benefits and company RSP program after successful completion of probation.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by midnight on May 30, 2023 using the entry form below.