Cameron takes great care to hire individuals that bring experience, business skills and technical expertise to the organization, as well as a team-based approach.
Posted by Harold Pacheco
POSITION: Marketing Specialist
FUNCTION AREA: Entire Company
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing
About the position
The primary objective of this position is to assist in raising the profile and positive sentiment of Cameron Corporation and its subsidiary companies through coordination and execution of programs, projects and requests from the different divisions.
The successful candidate for the Marketing Specialist position will play a lead role in creating social media content, planning and creating digital and print advertising, seeking collaborations, and advising on other opportunities for the retail and commercial portfolio. Other duties include liaising with clients, creating and presenting reports, running software reports and assisting with events.
Looking for an assertive and ambitious candidate that can:
- Generate engaging social media content for shoppers and other customers
- Create buzz and excitement for events and announcements
- Develop clear messages, and even clearer calls to action
- Keep on top of commercial trends, industry news, and pop culture
- Bring creative ideas and passions from conception to execution
- Updating content and managing the assigned portfolio of social media profiles
- Recording and reporting on social media metrics for assigned portfolio
- Engaging with followers, promoting content, and collaborating with influencers.
- Reporting both positive and negative sentiment and advising on solutions to company/brand issues.
- Managing of assigned portfolio of websites by updating and maintaining to Cameron Corporation standards
- Recording and reporting on website metrics (Google Analytics and others) for portfolio
- Develop concepts for advertising for both, print and online
- Create (or commission) advertisements as required for both print and online
- Creating content for the monthly e-newsletter
- Liaising with division partners under direction from Director, Marketing
- Liaising with promotional partners under direction from Director, Marketing
- Coordinating joint marketing efforts under direction from Director, Marketing
- Assist with planning and coordination of events
- Host/attend internal events
- Attend relevant external events
- Take photos of events for social media and general recordkeeping
- Present on post-event performance and metrics
- Generating marketing ideas and strategies for given portfolio
- Researching trends and best practices in the relevant industries
- Assisting with development and creation of print materials
- Running software reports as needed
- Coordination of promotional items
- Work with Marketing team and division heads to develop annual marketing budgets
- Monitor signage inventory within portfolio and coordinate repairs, movement, or redesigns as required
- Ensure brand consistency and integrity in respect Cameron Corporation brand
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid class 5 drivers licence for this role and will be required to go to specific job sites within the portfolio
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as needed for events.
- Possess strong and positive verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong positive customer service orientation
- Be well organized and have the strong ability to work in a high paced and continually changing work environment
- Must have minimum 4 years experience in the marketing field
- Graphic design capability is an asset, as well as proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products
- Strong computer and technical ability is an asset
- Website content management including WordPress, SquareSpace and other CMS systems
- Experience with marketing on the retail/commercial side
- Competitive Salary
- Health/Dental Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Personal Days Off with Pay
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Training and Development opportunities
- Paid parking in Downtown Office
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by midnight on December 22, 2021 using the entry form below.