Cameron takes great care to hire individuals that bring experience, business skills and technical expertise to the organization, as well as a team-based approach.
Project Manager, Construction
Posted by Harold Pacheco
Reports To: Vice President, Construction
Updated: November 1, 2023
Established in 1979, we strive to be known as the 100 Year Company because everything we do is made to stand the test of time. Whether it's a retail centre, a residential community, a mixed-use project or investment opportunity, Cameron prides itself on quality and integrity. This commitment to excellence extends to all our divisions: Cameron Development Corporation, Cameron Homes, Cameron Communities, and Cameron Lifestyles.
Our core values remain fixed while our business strategies and practices endlessly adapt to a changing world. We work with integrity and honesty. We have a reputation of excellence. We are socially responsible. We value hard work and accountability.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Project Manager role is to effectively plan, manage, and execute construction projects, ensuring they are completed within budget, on time, and in compliance with quality and safety standards. The Project Manager serves as a central point of contact and coordination among various stakeholders – including consultants, contractors, tenants and internal teams. This role plays a crucial part in the success of real estate development projects and contributes to the company's overall objectives.
- Manage the detailed design process of assigned projects:
- Obtain project pricing proposals from consultant(s) and obtain approval from Vice President, Construction.
- Provide direction to and follow up with the consultants to ensure that the project is completed on time and on budget.
- Coordinate & participate in bi-weekly or as required design meetings to coordinate Building Permit, Development Permit drawings and contract administration.
- Communicate with Tenants and provide all necessary Tenant information that must be integrated into the project to the consultant team.
- Perform technical review of drawings and specifications, as well as provide input and feedback to consultants prior to tendering.
- Review and provide recommendations for contract awards.
- Manage the construction process of assigned projects:
- Provide direction to and follow up with the general contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that the project is completed on time and on budget.
- Attend construction meetings as required to achieve project goals.
- Provide accurate project updates
- Detailed review and approval of progress payments
- Manage project close out
- Assist with turn over to property management at completion of warranty period
- Self-starter with the ability to manage the project by following internal policies, procedures and processes to achieve highly successful projects.
- If applicable for the project, ensure that Tenant Turnover is on time with all items completed.
- Ensure that company standards are achieved for Tenant openings.
- Provide Property Management with all information as required in a timely manner.
- Construction analysis for collaboration with Leasing and Design
- Request required approvals for Construction from Management.
- Provide feedback during the review of Landlord’s Work Schedules for Leasing
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar field
- Detail oriented, organized with proven ability to successfully multi-task.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment.
- Ability to apply good judgement, make good decisions, and maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Organized with a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at once with minimal supervision.
- Required to work on-site at the corporate office in downtown Edmonton.
- Travel to different project sites in the greater Edmonton area.
The compensation package for a Project Manager, Construction will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Health/Dental Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Personal Days Off with Pay
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Training and Development opportunities
- Paid parking in Downtown Office
- Other vendor and tenant partner incentives
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume using the form below. This posting will remain active until Nov 30, 2023 at 4:00PM MST.